BASE CAMP

To improve my quality of life so that i can improve my family's quality of life.

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Still Day One!

Technically as i started this late last night this is actually still Day One even thought it is tomorrow  now.  So far today has been a disaster - i have not failed with my attempts at regaining my health  as badly as i have today for a very long time. It all started very well -7am : I woke feeling pretty positive. 8.15am:Took my hubby to University,8.45am: took my boy to school, 9 :10 Went shopping (very healthy shopping! ) 9.30am: Took my little girl to the Dr.  and had a flu Jab myself  9.45: took my little girl back toschool all before 10am. With my toddler away with Grandma, i had the whole day to get the house organised and a healthy meal prepared before the usual taxi run! All was gong just fine - i even decided to try to do sme excercise in my front room. I admit i felt pretty stupid jogging on the spot and swinging my legs around in an uncoordinated attempt to get my heart rate up. The cats sat there and looked at me as if i was mad and just hoping that i would not fall on them. But it worked, i had managed to get my heart rate up and it felt very satisfing, it felt good i was proud of myself.
So why am i sittng here surrounded in empty chocolate bar wrappers and feeling out of control again?
A letter, thats why.
I recieved a stressful letter and as a result of the letter i  had a disagreable phone call leaving me feeling really stressed and anxious. Plus my  husband has decided to be awkward and is insisting on walking home fromn University instead of catching the bus. He knows how (at this time of year) it worries me. Its only about 3-4 miles but the weather is not good and he would be cold, hungry and very moody by the time he got in causing more stress.
That is all it took  - i just can not  cope with even the smallest amount of stress or anxiety with out starting to crumble.

No comments: